From weekly events, to camps, to classes, and annual parties– there’s always something going on at the Children’s Museum of Skagit County!
Summer Break Camps – July 5th through August 18th!
Summer Break FUN AND LEARNING!
- Click here for PDF of the 2023 Summer Break Camps brochure with descriptions & paper sign up **Updated 5/26/23**
- Camps include: Tinkering, Arts, Cooking, Science, Farm to Table, Sensory play, Pioneer Life and more!!
- We have camps available for 3 years and up.
- Click here for online registration *Please be aware that our form will only allow registration of one child at a time! *Payment must be completed with registration in order to secure class spots.
- You may register and pay for classes in person at the Museum or by phone, if you prefer.
- Campers are encouraged to eat breakfast or lunch before camp. Snacks will be provided.
- In addition to receiving quality instruction, campers will have dedicated time to play in the museum before or after we are open to the public.
- For days that have both morning and afternoon camps, Camp Care is available between camps from 12 to 1:30 pm for $20. Campers must bring a lunch. NOTE: We are a peanut-free facility.
- Camp Care MUST be pre-arranged at least ONE WEEK prior to the camp class, in order to ensure adequate staffing. No last-minute Camp Care registrations accepted. Register for Camp Care in the Museum or by phone.
- All children attending summer camp must be able to toilet independently.
- If your child needs special assistance in camp please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Scholarships are available! Please contact CMSC for more information.
- Authorization of Consent to Treatment of a Minor must be completed for each child registered at time of check-in. [Click here for printable PDF]
Camp Payment, Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Camp fees must be paid when registering.
- Cancellations seven or more days prior to camp start date are 100% refundable.
- Cancellations less than seven days prior to start date are not refundable.
- In the event of a camp cancellation by the Children’s Museum, fees are 100% refundable. We make every effort to run every camp! The only time we cancel a camp is if no one is signed up several days in advance.
Other Camps you should check out!
- NITE (Northwest Inclusive Theater Education) Intro to Theater Camp – Ages 5-8 July 31-Aug 4 – Ages 9-12 Aug 7-11 – This is an intensive and compact week of musical theater that will include training in acting, dancing, ensemble work, group singing, and storytelling. The first week of camp is geared towards kids 5-8 years, while the second week will be better suited for those agest 9-12 years. Camps will take place at the Children’s Museum. Sign up directly with NITE on their website.
- Dyberg Aviation Youth Summer Aviation Camp – Ages 12 & up – July 18-20 – Campers will learn: Requirements to become a pilot, Fundamentals of flight, Flight operations, Aircraft performance, Navigation, Aviation weather, and Rules of flying. Campers will also get to visit Heritage Flight Museum & Corporate Air Center, catch a presentation by the Port of Skagit, and take a flight where the student is at the controls of the aircraft! Call Mike Dyberg at (360) 370-8067 to learn more.
@Home Activities & Instructions:
Looking for some fun activities to do at home? Start you search on our YouTube Channel for instructional videos, below are the materials and instruction sheets.
- Make It & Take It @Home
- Science Saturdays or Any Day funded by Shell Puget Sound Refinery
- Thanksgiving Food Science :: Video
- Geode Egg Shell :: Video :: Instructions in English | Instrucciones en Español (PDF)
- Rainbow Science Part 1 :: Video :: Instructions in English | Instrucciones en Español (PDF)
- Rainbow Science Part 2 :: Video :: Instructions in English | Instrucciones en Español (PDF)
- Tales From The Tank provided by Skagit Fisheries Enhancement Group
**Sign up for our weekly eBlast for information on other community classes**