Volunteers play a key role in the survival of a community. At the Children’s Museum of Skagit County volunteers learn, create, have fun, and most importantly enrich the lives of children that come through our doors. They give children and adults the opportunity to learn new skills and promote family togetherness.
Volunteering with us gives you the opportunity to:
• Learn new skills (prepare art projects, assist at special events on & off-site, repair exhibits & exhibit accessories)
• Make friends
• Support your community
• Encourage a learning environment with our guests
• Help the CMSC thrive and continue to provide a wonderful & unique place for visitors
• Earn a 10% discount to our Museum Store (Upon completing 75 volunteer hours)
• Potential volunteers must fill out a Volunteer Application
• Pass a background check
• Attend a volunteer orientation
• Receive adequate training for the position applied
• Complete a minimum 2 hours per shift (4 hour shifts are preferred)
• Volunteers under 18 must have a signed Consent Form by legal guardian
There are many different ways that you can contribute to the Children’s Museum of Skagit County as a volunteer. We have positions available both in and out of the museum.
Group Hosts oversee field trip groups and assist with hands-on workshops as organized. We need hosts on a year round basis.
Play Guides assist young visitors and their families or teachers as they explore in the museum. Engage child and adult visitors within exhibit areas, lead pop-up activities, prepare and tidy exhibit areas, help with development of new exhibit activities.
Special Events Assistants help by planning or facilitating special events and activities in the museum and off-site – like with our Camps & Classes, Fire Truck, Winter Wonderland and others!
Program Personnel help with developing and/or leading special workshops or programs that encourage creativity and learning within all museum exhibit areas. A great opportunity to use your talents!
Administrative Support Specialist help with basic daily duties that help keep the museum and its programs running smoothly. This can be anything from answering phones to making copies to mailings, data collection and management, copying, directing phone calls, and more!
Cleaning & Maintenance help to keep our exhibits, and exhibit areas, looking good and running smoothly. Includes daily cleaning and maintenance or after-hours deep cleaning and major repair or construction.
Exhibits help with development of new exhibits and lessons, construction of exhibit elements, design and layout of interpretive materials and more.
Board/Committee Member serves the Museum’s mission at a higher level with strategic planning, fundraising, oversight and hands-on support.
For more information please contact: